R. E. P. Taylor and D. W. O. Rogers
About the Database
This is the home of the Carleton Laboratory for Radiotherapy Physics (CLRP) Database of TG-43 brachytherapy dosimetry parameters. The dosimetry parameters presented here were calculated using the EGSnrc usercode BrachyDose1,2, a Monte Carlo code for doing rapid brachytherapy treatment planning calculations. The code is capable of calculating the full 3D dose distribution with (1 mm)3 voxels from 125 125I seeds in a prostate implant with 2% statistics in under 5 minutes on a single Xeon processor.
On these pages you will find a set of TG-43 dosimetry parameters for all of the brachytherapy seeds listed in the Joint AAPM/RPC brachytherapy source registry. The aim of this work was to create a comprehensive database of TG-43 dosimetry parameters using a consistent set of methods for all seeds. These data are made freely available to the public and we hope it will prove to be a valuable resource for the Medical Physics Community.
The information contained in this CLRP TG-43 parameter database is provided for research and educational purposes only and must not be directly used for clinical applications.
If you have questions or comments please Contact us!
Brachytherapy Seed Data:
For the current list of seeds covered by TG-43 and the Joint AAPM/RPC brachytherapy source registry please visit the RPC website.
* Primary and Scatter Separated (PSS) dose data available
Database Change Log
We ask that anyone using data found on this web page to please cite our report on this data set published in Medical Physics3
1. G. Yegin et al, BrachyDose: an EGSnrc user-code for full Monte Carlo simulation of brachytherapy implants using CT data, in preparation, , ,
2. R. E. P. Taylor et al, Benchmarking BrachyDose: voxel-based EGSnrc Monte Carlo calculations of TG--43 dosimetry parameters, Med. Phys., 34, 445 -- 457, 2007
3. R. E. P. Taylor, D. W. O. Rogers, An EGSnrc Monte Carlo-calculated database of TG-43 parameters, Med. Phys., 35, 4228--4241, 2008
4. R. E. P. Taylor, D. W. O. Rogers, More accurate fitting of 125I and 103Pd radial dose functions, Med. Phys., 35, 4242--4250, 2008
5. R. E. P. Taylor, D. W. O. Rogers, EGSnrc Monte Carlo calculated dosimetry parameters for 192Ir and 169Yb brachytherapy sources, Med. Phys., 35, 4933 -- 4944, 2008
6. G. Yegin, A new approach to geometry modelling of Monte Carlo particle transport: an application to EGS, Nucl. Instrum. Methods B, 211, 331 -- 338, 2003
7. G Yegin et al, BrachyDose: A New Fast Monte Carlo Code for Brachytherapy Calculations, Med. Phys., 33, 2074 -- 2074 (abs), 2006
8. M. J. Rivard et al, Update of AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report: A revised AAPM protocol for brachytherapy dose calculations, Med. Phys.,31, 633 -- 674, 2004
9. M. J. Rivard et al, Supplement to the 2004 update of the AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report, Med. Phys., 34, 2187 -- 2205, 2007
If you would like to know more about the CLRP TG-43 Database, please contact:
David Rogers E-mail: drogersphysics [dot] carleton [dot] ca
These pages were set up by Randy Taylor.
Carleton Laboratory for Radiotherapy Physics
July 23 2013.